Saturday, May 11, 2013

Welcome to Life's Healthy Corners!



Hello! I'm so happy that you have decided to check out my blog! I have been considering starting a blog for a very long time, but life gets so busy and I didn't know if I would be able to keep up. So here I am, trying, finally doing it!

Here's the deal: I'm a bit obsessed with being healthy! :) As a matter of fact, I LOVE it!!!  I try to find little bits of health information everywhere I go, whether it be a new recipe, a new work out, a new hobby, a new holistic treatment, etc.

It's not just something I think about every once in a while...it's basically all...I...think...about!

My favorite things to do are prepare healthy balanced meals, work out in various ways, bake delicious treats (including vegan, sugar free, gluten free, dairy free, low-calorie, and original) for friends and family, travel (both domestically and internationally), and take part in healthy activities and/or competitions with others (Quixotic Fusion School of Performing Arts - trapeze, dance, and aerial conditioning, WBFF - bikini and/or fitness diva, Hitch Fit, SORT, Yoga, Zumba, Power Cut, Hiking, 5Ks, and on...and on...and on...).

I enjoy taking recipes, from comfort foods all the way up to gourmet meals, and tweaking them to make them healthier while maintaining all the delicious flavors they had in the first place. This can be very tricky, as some substitutions change the taste or texture entirely...its always a work in progress!

When it comes to work outs: I like to try everything at least once! :)  As a matter of fact, when I travel, I have a rule to try something new and challenging for my body in each place I visit. This is where the travel activities page comes into play.  :)  Now, challenging doesn't always mean going all out! Sometimes, a yoga class or a meditation course can be just as challenging as rock-climbing or a Cross-fit course.  It just depends on the day! I typically use the Jefit app to track my workouts...but some days...I just feel like doing something outside the gym, ya know?  Those are the days that my at-home workout videos come out from the dark and dusty cabinet, and I shake what my mama gave me in the comfort and seclusion of my living room, or I go for a jog/run...walk...to the park, or I attend a class at a random gym in the city.

As far as travel goes, I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! There is something magical about going to a new place.  I love meeting new people and freaking out like a maniac as I get lost for hours venturing off the tourist track to see what a place is like in reality instead of just what the brochure shows.  Usually, I find the best food, meet the nicest people, and see the most amazing things when I am going on one of my unplanned adventures.  :)  For a compulsive planner like me, its a rare occasion to do something spontaneous, but when I do I drink Dos Equis, its always worth it!

So, I hope you enjoy my blog!  Just starting out, it seems hopeless pretty blank right now, but over time it will build and I hope to meet some new friends along my new blogger journey.  If you haven't noticed, the strikethroughs are meant to bring a smile to your face while showing my quirky side.  What is the point in life if you can't laugh or share in sarcasm every once in a while?!

Thank you again for joining me and LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN!


No comments:

Post a Comment